[OM] Q for Dr. Flash et al

Subject: [OM] Q for Dr. Flash et al
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:17:28 -0400
  Hi,
 Have been bottom fishing for a Metz MZ3 or 4. (Have sometimes wished for more
umph and choices of aperture.) Later occurred to me that the thyristor is non
detachable unlike my usual Viv 283 which is often on a Stroboframe with a
Lumiquest bouncer with the thyristor in the hot shoe. Wonder if that is much of
an issue for auto mode with the sensor being so far off axis? I think there
have been a few other flashes with remote sensors like the N$kon SB-5, though
that is a potato masher style if I remember correctly from photos. I don't
remember the T32 having a problem in a similar capacity, though I don't often
use it like that as the removable cinch strap with the Lumiquest gizmo seems
too slow and fiddly to configure with it.
 Thanks for any comments.

 Mike

AOL at AOL.com.