[OM] Re: [photo] flood

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] flood
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:35:18 +0000
The wind took down a big -- and I mean big -- 100 ft. Sweetgum that was growing
on just the other side of the spring in the back yard. Its top branches missed
the back of the house by about 10 feet. A few years ago, although it's not
great firewood, I'd have gotten out the chainsaw and cut it up. Now I'm just
going to let it lie there. It ain't in my way, and I've got a big stack of oak
and hickory out back if I want to get the fireplace going. It's way more easy
to just buy the wood, have it delivered and stacked, than it is to cut it up
and split it -- at least at my age and disposition.

Didn't rain much here either, less than inch. We're about 8 inches behind for
the year.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from