[OM] Re: [OT] US taxes, was: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] US taxes, was: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700
> From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> The US is probably the best country in the world to be rich in. It is
>> arguably one of the worst countries in the industrialized world to be
>> poor in.
>
> That must be the reason that poor Americans emigrate. Or did my spell
> checker fail me again?

Or did you mean "immigrate?" :-)

Other countries won't let poor Americans in, and poor Americans can't
afford to get to other countries. It cost nearly $3,000 in fees for
us to immigrate to Canada, although they reduced the fees by half
literally the day after we arrived. :-(

:::: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have
to worry about the answers. -- Thomas Pynchon ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality: http://www.EcoReality.org/wiki/
User:Jan_Steinman ::::