[OM] Re: Low cost, high value compact?

Subject: [OM] Re: Low cost, high value compact?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 09:12:43 +0800
I owned the CP5000 some years ago, it is the poorest compact DC I have used.

- Poor flash control, over expose in close distance. Finger easy cover flash
sensor and the image will be seriously under exposed.
- Poor shadow details, you can never pull up the shadow details in under
exposed image, while others at least get 1-2 stops.
- Contrast setting was not working as used to be, adjust the contrast just
gave you brighter/darker image.
- RAW conversion gives zero improvement in getting the shadow and highlight
details
- Poor battery performance.
- Lowest resolution amount major 5M DC at that time.

I purchased it because it was N*kon's flagship compact DC and the 28mm
wide angle but just totally disappointed.

C.H.Ling