[OM] Re: Cold Weather Shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Cold Weather Shooting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 02:26:19 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> This page is from Canon but likely applicable to others.  The
> condensation issue was a surprise to me for an otherwise weather sealed
> camera.

Condensation has nothing to do with weather sealing of the sort we are
talking about. Fill something with warm air, even relatively dry warm
air, seal it up good, get it nice and cold, the ability of the air to
hold moisture drops and out it comes onto the cold surfaces

Weather sealed binocs are a different story, they can be purged with
ultra dry nitrogen in the manufacturing process so their is no interior
condensation. No way to do that with a interchangeable lens camera. At
least none yet commercial.

Moose