[OM] Re: Cold Weather Shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Cold Weather Shooting
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:20:35 -0400
Actually, as Phil's reviews are based completely on default settings,
the jpegs become comparable to any other "sharper" camera jpg's by
actually lowering the camera sharpening setting one notch (as it is
darkside sharpening),  and applying your better sharpening in photoshop,
etc. There's also a slightly different tone curve in the "Bright"
setting that can also be adjusted. The camera defaults at the "Natural"
setting as they call it which is for expected post processing - not what
DPreviews wants.

Along with other adjustments, and the 3 new firmware updates adding
multiple new features not in the review, faster autofocus due to less
double checks, etc. make that review out of date.

The RAW files already have been more detailed than any of the 10mp
cameras available.

Larry