[OM] Re: Zuikos on the Cannon 5D: cross-split screen

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikos on the Cannon 5D: cross-split screen
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:57:52 -0700
The split image on the Brightscreen is still usable at f8 but the
corners are dark. Its microprisms are good at f5.6 but not f8. The
bright screen appears to work a little better than a 1-13 but not
enough better to convince me to buy one for my OMs ... yet.

The angle finder can definitely improve my focus accuracy for the 5D
but I don't leave it on my camera so it slows me down and often
doesn't get used. The Brightscreen does seem better than the standard
screen.

If Katzeye would make a "35mm full-size" screen, that would probably
be the best way to go for both the 5D and the OMs.

-jeff

On 4/6/07, usher99@xxxxxxx <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hmmm,
>
> Maybe another possibility to focus slower OM lenses well on the 5D.  Pinged
> Rachel at Katzeye

snip

> Jeff and Johnny have not seemed very satisfied even with the angle finder and
> the Brightscreen.
>
> http://www.brightscreen.com/enter.html

snip