[OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 08:43:50 +1000
Pretty close to neutral in conversation though with 'nice, upper
middle class' verbal mannerisms. That is, he sounds a bit posh. Try
the BBC World newsreaders, esp. the males - that's closer to the pure
thing. I'm not being sexist here but female newsreaders in general
seem to have been to  school where they were taught to stress
syllables at random as a substitute for proper modulation and some do
this bizarre dying croak at the end of sentences. Weird.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx