[OM] Re: Now for some totally different photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Now for some totally different photography
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:20:36 -0700
You have to realize that cosmology is composed of provisional
hypotheses by some very smart people. Some of them are widely
accepted because they seem provide a logical explanation for
phenomena that can be measured. If some genius came up with a more
satisfactory explanation that could be verified it would be jumped
on. It would not be much fun if we understood everything. Might as
well pack it in then.

Those are not the only ideas out there.  I personally don't like the
idea of dark matter either and am rooting for the hypothesis by Joao
Magueijo at Imperial College in London that the speed of light is
only constant now and was different at the beginning of the universe.
Some of the latest data seems to shoot that down though. It is all
very exciting stuff.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA