[OM] Re: Macro Flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro Flash?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:32:22 -0400
 Marten Beels wrote:

> Hello Darin,

> I also really wanted a macro type flash but didn't have any budget for

> one.  I did, however, have (2) T-20s that soon became a poor-man's

> macro twin flash.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to go this route as well. I've already got 1 T-20, 1

T-20 connector, 1 Shoe cord, and an assortment of other TTL cords, so all I

need is another T-20, T-20 connector and a bracket to mount them to. I'd

still like to get a real macro flash some day though, so that I can have

modeling lights."

The T-flashes seem to have remarkably fast electronics for a standard flash.  I
always worry about

them being able to quench fast enough at close distances.  Have used the T20 in
a pinch

(did not lug T28 twin on a trip) for macro fill in non TTL auto with Velvia and
could

not detect a problem.  I have my doubts they will be OK at larger apertures and
small

distances though have never checked that---not a very likely a scenario anyway.

Thought about an F280 for macro fill as well though the listed min subject
distance

appears to make that a bad idea.

Mike

AOL at AOL.com.