[OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 06:51:06 -0400
My "balderdash" has nothing to do with the defense of Gordon Letwin or
Microsoft (which I intensely dislike) but everything to do with a
specific refutation of your claim that Microsoft was somehow hiding the
specs for FAT and that's why Apple could be expected to have trouble
implementing FAT32.

You said:
 > Microsoft grudgingly made the FAT specs public only after everyone had
 > already reverse-engineered it. They certainly HAVE NOT made public
 > their techniques for recovering when it is corrupted!
 >
 > Apple is attempting to deal with someone else's proprietary stuff
 > here.

Your statement was simply wrong regardless of whether Gordon Letwin
developed HDOS, Windows can't read a UNIX file system, you're the new
Maytag repairman, you drive on biodiesel or live in a mud and straw hut.
  And I don't have any apologies for being part of the problem.

Chuck Norcutt