[OM] Re: Multi Exposures

Subject: [OM] Re: Multi Exposures
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 00:57:06 -0600
> I'm not sure to fully understand your suggestion. If I make "multi
> exposures" by PS, how do I watch the sldie with multi exposures by
> projector?

  Could you take two separate slides, and stack them in the projector
when showing things?

  It'd be more difficult than normal multi-exposure with negatives,
because rather than blocking off the bits of image 1 that should be
transparent, you have to completely overexpose those bits, but it seems
like you'd just use masks the other way around.

  So if you want the top half from image 1 and the bottom half of image
2, you'd:

  1. mask off the bottom of the image
  2. take shot 1 for the top of the image.
  3. don't advance the film yet.
  4. um.. flip the mask over, then somehow re-expose the bottom of the
image with a lot of light? No, this doesn't work, does it, because you
can't get that slide re-exposed and if you could, you could do both
images on the one bit of emulsion the easy way.

  Could you put a ND32 filter over the top half of the image or
something? That still assumes the bottom half of the scene will totally
expose, though.

  -- dan