[OM] Re: OT but Photo related

Subject: [OM] Re: OT but Photo related
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 09:15:00 -0400
I'm with Moose on this point.  I have a friend who has two 24" wide
Epson printers and they're a couple years old.  Not the latest
technology.  He now prints almost everything himself because he's able
to make equal or better ink jet prints than the wet prints he can get
from the lab and without rework.  The only exceptions are prints on
canvas (still gets it from the lab... I think) and B&W.  He doesn't do
his own B&W because his old model Epsons are extremely wasteful of ink
to do a changeover to multiple shades of gray and he doesn't do enough
B&W to justify a dedicated printer.  B&W gets sent to a print maker in
NYC.  But they're not chemical prints.  They're all ink jet prints done
on dedicated B&W machines.  They're gorgeous.

Chuck Norcutt