[OM] Re: CF Card Shootout

Subject: [OM] Re: CF Card Shootout
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:35:46 -0400
Yes, quite true.  I've noticed that CF cards, when communicating with
PC's and certain cameras have OK zero bits but the one bits get caught
in a signal delay which results in a half fast clock rate and tend to
distort the ones into some sort of horrendous half fast half analogue,
half digital value that can have some pretty deleterious effects on
color balance and sharpness.  It's especially troublesome in early
April, that is if you can tell that it's early April if you have a half
fast clock.

Macs never have half fast clocks or half fast one bits although the
zeros can sometimes tend a little more toward null which is a bit less
determinate as to actual value.  But you'll never ever get half fast
results on a Mac.

Chuck Norcutt