[OM] Re: new dog, old tricks

Subject: [OM] Re: new dog, old tricks
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 22:20:16 +0000
Developing B&W is simple and actually fun, once you learn how to mix the
chemicals and load the reels, which can be tricky. Just practice with an old
roll of film in the light so later you'll be able to do it in the dark. (The
camera club I once belonged to, and which my wife was president of for a year,
had T-shirts made that said "Photographers do it in the dark."

I don't even go to the darkroom, which currently is a mess, to develop B&W. The
bathroom off the hall has no window and a large amount of counter space, and I
sealed up the door frame with sticky-backed felt from the hardware store so
that it's now light-tight, so I just do it in there. I can agitate the film in
the developer every 30 seconds, as you're supposed to do, while sitting on the
crapper and reading the newspaper, killing more than two birds with one stone.
:-]

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from