[OM] Re: Totally Off Topic and I'll at least mention Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally Off Topic and I'll at least mention Olympus
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:19:43 +0000
There's a certain pleasure and satisfaction that comes from standing in the
darkroom, feeling the bottom edge of the film for the notches, making sure it's
on the bottom right, and loading the film holders in total darkness. And
anyway, it's just something few people know how to do these days, so I do it
just for the hell of it. Then there's developing it, which can be tricky too.
And there's that slap and snick when you slide one in or out that I love to
hear. I learned photography as a journalism student in college using a Crown
Graphic 4x5. I guess I've never gotten over it. :-)

But I've got a half dozen 120 roll film backs, which are handier, since they
can be loaded in the field without a "black bag," and can be instantly changed
for different types of film. The Graphic roll film backs are okay, but the
Horseman backs are best; they hold the film flatter, and they fit the Graphics.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --