[OM] Re: Black Sigma CAT 600 f8

Subject: [OM] Re: Black Sigma CAT 600 f8
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 06:50:43 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Scott Peden

> I can't see any numbers on that lens to tell you if it is numbered close
> mine, but the tri pod mount is different than mine, the front is different
> as it has the sun shade threads on the outside, mine are on the inside,

Actually, the front threads are on the inside, I think you were looking at
the first image, with the sun shade reversed and slid over the lens.

> the little lens holder is different than mine, though the rear view is
> apparently the same except mine doesn't have 'filter matic' on it. My lens
> mount rotates and has a knob on the side that says 'lock/free'.

The tripod mount rotates on this version also, in that first image you can
see a small crome button on the side of the tripod mount collar, you press
to release and rotate the mount. However, it only locks in two positions
(Landscape and Portrait), while I suspect yours can be locked in any
position.

> Mine looks like this one;
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sigma-600mm-F8-Filters-etc-600-Olympus-Fit-OM_W0QQitemZ130092953865QQcategoryZ3344QQcmdZViewItem
> but I have a higher number sequence, 240601

The serial number on my lens is 104,xxx.

Regards,
Darin