[OM] Re: zuikoist : I am

Subject: [OM] Re: zuikoist : I am
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:48:20 -0400
The OM medium bag was my first real camera bag, ie; one that could carry
a body and several lenses.  I thought it was very well designed and it
served me very well as long as I didn't want to carry more than 3 or 4
primes.

However, problems erupted over a long period of time.  The lens bag
insert (holds 3 lenses and snaps into place inside the bag) was made of
a type of synthetic leather that began to deteriorate in a manner not
dissimilar to body foam seals.  It began to get icky and sticky and
started putting hard to remove marks on whatever it touched.

I eventually asked my sister (who makes custom canvas covers for boats)
to sew me a replacement snap-in lens bag.  She did and the replacement
piece is probably better than the original.  But not long after that I
graduated to two bodies and more lenses (found this list I guess) and
found myself carrying larger and larger bags... at least for transport.

I still have my OM medium bag but these days it is relegated to carrying
everything related to OM flash.  3 or 4 T-32's, TTL cables, flash
mounting brackets for light stands and other various flash related odds
and ends.

But it's still a great bag for a single body and a few lenses.  Just
make sure the lens pockets are not turning into the La Brea tar pits.  I
would suggest that finding one without severe deterioration there may be
very difficult unless Oly realized the problem long ago and changed the
material.

Chuck Norcutt