[OM] Re: #067

Subject: [OM] Re: #067
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:59:34 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I love the composition of this one but the quality of the light strikes
> me as very unnatural looking.  I'd like to see a color version.

I don't want to see colour unless I'm very wrong. My mind's eye
immediately sees a very brown, almost stagnant stream that I don't find
very appealing.

I seldom mess with Graham's images. He has a damn fine sense of what he
likes, and that often includes a higher key image that I would do.

AG Schnozz wrote:

> To me, Zones VI-VII look surpressed.
I wish I knew what that meant, other than intellectually. About all I
can say is that the tonal distribution looks out of whack (technical
term) in the upper mid-tones to lower highlights .

What really bothers me, in a wonderful composition, with all the other
elements just right, is the stream. Instead of sparkling and bubbling
along, it looks like it is sludging along.

So, having my attention brought to it again, I took a shot at perking up
that stream. And, you guessed it, I couldn't resist a bit of other
playing <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/GeeBee/07067.htm>.

Moose