[OM] Re: Radio Triggers, Part IV

Subject: [OM] Re: Radio Triggers, Part IV
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:45:07 -0700
> From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I had the opportunity, last night, to do more testing with my oboy
> radio triggers.  For flash work, they seem to be hunky-dory.  But, I
> wanted to see if they'd work with a Winder-1 on my OM-2S.
>
> Short answer is barely.
>
> It appears that the pulse is too short to really be effective.

I wonder if it puts out enough current to charge a cap? If so, you
could probably feed a few microfarads through a diode on the trigger
side and a resistor on the winder side to stretch the pulse.

:::: In medieval days, a peasant could be executed for stealing a
crust of bread, while the lord of the manor could abuse every peasant
in sight without fear of legal retribution. Does it strike you that
we seem to be reverting more and more to a similar society, one in
which the punishments no longer fit the crimes? -- Ed Foster ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::