[OM] e: More Salt in the Wound [Was: Re: OT Typos]

Subject: [OM] e: More Salt in the Wound [Was: Re: OT Typos]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:42:17 -0700
> From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> On my computer, spell-checking is system-level, interactive, and
>> ubiquitous. (Well, except for Microsloth applications, since they
>> break Apple's Programming Guidelines.)
>
> I would think that would be a real annoyance for a programmer
> unless it
> can be easily disabled.

Well-written applications can turn it off. BBEdit (in particular)
looks at the file extension and selectively installs its own
dictionary appropriate to the language being used, so it will catch
"ednif" when you meant "endif," for example. Or in HTML mode, it
spell-checks tags differently than tagged text.

:::: The antidote to fear is action! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::