[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:29:27 -0700
Scott Peden wrote:
> I definitely want the Zuiko glass, I've done a lot of experimenting with
> other glass already.

I have no wish to dissuade you from a perfectly sensible choice.  You
won't go wrong with the DZ 50/2.

However, it sounds like the "other glass" you have played with was
largely junque and may have given you a skewed view of that little
corner of the world. There are people other than Oly making superb
lenses and not every Zuiko is the best thing around.

It is not cheap to design and make a first class lens. So anyone buying
a cheap one will be missing the quality money can buy. No, the
relationship is not linear nor perfect, but generally true.

Also, most makers have different lens lines, differentiated along lines
of cost, optical quality and mechanical quality. Generalizations based
on brand alone are generally worthless.

Moose