[OM] Re: Macro lighting.

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro lighting.
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:26:12 -0700
One of my two removable lights (made for video cameras) says it is color
balanced. It has 5 yellow and 4 white lights and I haven't had any light
troubles with it at all. This is a Sima SL-10L with several rechargeable aaa
batteries and a built in plug to recharge them from, so they don't have to
be removed.

The Samsonite light doesn't seem to put out much light at all, it is a
halogen bulb, yet has been an asset also, though I like the Sima better. I
was working on building a frame to hook under the camera to hold these two
lights, so I could face them at each other in front of the lens, or poring
them forward.... but ran out of gadgetry time and one of my 'clips' broke,
so it was time to start over.

A fella at the camera shop has a $150 dollar ring flash, looks like LED's,
tat he has used to great effect. I was hoping for something where as I could
control the light, and not have to deal with shadows, which I can't see,
until after a flash has gone off.