[OM] Re: Zuiko 28-48mm zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 28-48mm zoom
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:54:49 -0500
On Thu March 15 2007 5:32 pm, Wayne Harridge wrote:
> > Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Anyone ever used one of these? It looks like a neat little lens and
> > there's
> > a couple of them up on ebay...i'm thinking of buying one. What did you
> > think
> > of it if you've owned or used one?  Thanks,
>
> I had one for a while, it got stolen (along with a lot of other stuff) and
> when the insurance company coughed up I never bothered to replace that
> lens.  Bottom line, from my perspective - range is too small, at f4 it is
> too difficult to focus accurately.  It is small and light.
>
> ...Wayne
>
> Wayne Harridge

I own one which I dropped with a camera body attached. It's focus is stiff now
and I'm not sure it focuses right anymore, but that may be a result of the
f4. I agree with Wayne the range is too small. I'd rather carry too primes. A
50mm and a 28mm. I think the total weight would be less and for me it is more
useful.