[OM] Re: #056

Subject: [OM] Re: #056
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:24:47 -0700
geebee wrote:
> Moose,
>
> The depth of your knowledge is astonishing!
Nice to be good at something. Pretty simple really. I don't really know
what all gear I have, but I do have an inventory list of lenses and
bodies with some notes. Your serial number happens to be right in the
middle of three MC 50/1.8s, two with diaphragm issues.
> It does indeed have 'MC' on the ring and it also has a sticky diaphragm
> which, if I
> remember to check that it is wide open when metering, isn't a problem for the
> stuff I normally shoot.

None of the pre MC lenses seem to have the problem, but I've had one
post MC, relatively low in the serial number range for that model, that
had the same problem. Three others in the same general number range were
fine, though. All post MCs gone to new homes but one very nice. late one
for me.

Moose