[OM] Re: NEW RULE (Was Re: Re: Baned for Life)

Subject: [OM] Re: NEW RULE (Was Re: Re: Baned for Life)
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:54:50 +0100
On 9Mar , 2007, at 7:29 AM, Moose wrote:

<SNIP>

> Personally, I might feel obliged to leave any list with posted,
> enforced
> rules as a matter of principle.

Well, moose, there's one rule on the list: "Be nice, be civil and try
to stay within arms-reach of the list-topic most of the time". But
then again, that's a rule derived from the behaviour of the list and
not the other way around ;)

> Not much danger of that, I think.

;)

> Assuming you have been listening, how
> many of the regulars do you think would pay any attention to published
> rules, other, of course, than to intentionally break them? Who
> would be
> the enforcer? How would enforcement be handled? How would the enforcer
> assure his/her personal safety? If somebody booted one of my buddies
> off, I'd be pissed! Of course, I'm an unarmed pacifist, but
> probably in
> the minority.

I sure would not want to be the list mum if it entailed risking to
summon the wrath of Moose - having had the pleasure of his company
and mighty enjoyed it, I'd rather that we stay on friendly terms ;)

--
Thomas Clausen
Thomas.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx