[OM] Re: Flash stuff - conclusion

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash stuff - conclusion
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:19:13 -0700 (PDT)
> Missed this because I was too busy with French history but if
> you're asking if you can use a a little slave like a Nissin unit
> to fire an OM winder using a small flash as a trigger, the answer
> is yes. I've done it. Don't expect any synchronisation though.

Fantastic.  My plan is to use it for weddings and events where I
would like to have a camera hidden up on stage facing back towards
the crowd.  Last year I used my A1 with the intervolmeter to try and
accomplish the task. This time, I can place the camera at a more
strategic location and actually manually fire it at a more opportune
moment.

For my upcoming annual event, the first two nights I'm able to move
around a little more freely and even get on stage during some
portions of the program.  But night three, which is the big kahuna, I
restrict myself to the margins, center aisle and balcony.

It does look like I'll have to mod the antennas a little bit to get a
more reliable signal strength and distance.  But, heh, they're cheap.

AG