[OM] Re: Photos from the weekend

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos from the weekend
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:36:05 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:
> There are some lovely shots there, Ali.
>
> But Flickr is curiously unsatisfactory in the way the photos are
> displayed.  Perhaps it's the colour, perhaps the way it is quite
> difficult to get to an index page to see the thumbnails that you want.

I don't much fancy it either, the white background is awful, just drains
the life an colour out of many images. And they waste the white space. I
suppose it's to keep the download size small, but it's annoying to have
to click to see a reasonable size image, then have to click again to go
back where you were, then click again to the next image, then again for
a ......

At least one of the other image sharing sites, one of those with a
blaclk background, allows one to browse forward through the images at
any of the size options - much more plesant.

What they do with the links is interesting. An image may be in more than
one "Set" (gallery/index), which is why there are several index links on
some image pagess. I found it quite easy to get to the index. Click on
either of the links on the top right, " Rokkin Foto or "Rokkin Foto's
photostream" to get to all his images. It's not Flickr's fault that he
uses a non-obvious name there.

Click on 'Niagara County (Set)" to find all the images from that
peregrination in one index.

I assume that the next names below, named "Pool", are shared "Sets" from
several photographers on a given subject.

Of course, Ali could have posted the Niagara County index, rather than
one image from it. That's really the gateway you are looking for, I
think <http://www.flickr.com/photos/4love/sets/72157594583368651/>.

Moose