[OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate

Subject: [OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
> I cut off all but about six inches of the center post in my big and
> heavy Manfotto 3221WN, the one with the fancy 405 head, so I could
> get it down on the ground for macro stuff.

Interesting.  My 3031 gets me down to that level due to the fact that
the center post has two sections.  I removed the bottom one which
makes the tripod pretty low level.  However, I did hot-rod my 3001
tripod (great for those 500+ yard journeys), to allow the legs to
spread WAY out and even go inverted.

The 3221 is insanely big and heavy to be used anywhere outside of the
studio.  That's one beast.

AG

Get your own web address.