[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:43:38 -0700
> From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> You're already doing quite well with your macro photos...
>
> If you want to get more depth of field, look into the software that
> combines multiple exposures at different focus settings into a single
> photo with greater DOF. A macro lens won't give greater DOF compared
> to a reversed normal lens.

What Scott can't do with his reversed ZD lenses is shoot at anything
except viewing aperture!

I've been trying to convince him to get some adjustable extension and
some manual-aperture lenses. THEN he'll be able to get more depth by
stopping down -- not to mention some better quality, since most
lenses perform better at almost anything other than full open.

:::: God told me to strike at Al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he  instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did. With the might of
God on our side we will triumph. -- George W. Bush
:::: I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the
Almighty Creator. -- Adolf Hitler
:::: Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. --
Dr. Martin Luther King
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>