[OM] Re: [OM & OT -- long] FL-40 flash on an E-500?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM & OT -- long] FL-40 flash on an E-500?
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:44:30 +0000
On 10/03/07, r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone on the list know whether an FL-40 flash (E-20 compatible) will
> work on an E-500? I have an FL-50 also, but I was looking at the FL-40 last
> night and it and the E-20 have the same hotshoe pin configuration as the
> FL-50 and the E-500.

In the absence of a more definitive answer, assume that it won't, at
least, not completely.  It certainly won't work in TTL auto mode with
an E-300 and I believe that's also true of the later cameras.  Will
work fully with an E-1 though.  I have no idea why this should be the
case, but it is.  Will work in manual and self-metered auto modes with
just about anything that has a hot shoe.

> Conversely, will the FL-50 work on the E-20? If not, why not? Voltage
> differences?

Don't know about that one at all, sorry.  I'd be very surprised if you
couldn't use manual and self-metered auto at least.