[OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:33:26 -0800
> From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
>
> ... they got the proper link
> to their oBoy account, did log on to their proper oBoy account but
> were then
> transferred to some other site.

Interesting. Please do look for a reference; I'd be interested in
knowing how that could possibly work.

It sounds to me like it's exploiting a web server bug, because
nothing I know about HTTP would allow such a thing. HTTP is
"stateless": once you GET or POST to a site, what came before is
lost. The exception would be cookies, which the site is in control of
-- malicious URLs can't predictably cause a re-direct through
cookies, unless the server has some serious security holes.

:::: Because you're selfish, it should be harder for everyone else to
read?
:::: > But it's easier for me to write!
:::: >> It's hard to read and follow.
:::: >>> What's wrong with top-posting?