[OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:13:35 -0800
> From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Jan
>
>> I don't think so. They can forge the "From:" address. Much harder
>> (though not impossible) is to fake the "Received:" lines in the
>> header.
>
> ... I do know how
> to read email headers... the one I received really
> did come through the eboy system. Headers were not faked in the
> one I received at least.

Pax, Ian. Sorry for the assumption. I have not seen such a thing, and
so assumed it could not be so!

On a bad day, when I'm scrolling through 400+ spams to see if
something legit catches my glance, I wish all these people would rot
in hell for eternity.

On a good day, I merely fantasize about drawing and quartering them,
without the eternal damnation part.

:::: Real peace in a petroleum-fueled world means rejecting petroleum
dependence in all possible ways. -- Jan Lundberg ::::
:::: Jan Steinman (a fossil-fuel-free zone) <http://
www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::