[OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm silver nose w/metal cap?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm silver nose w/metal cap?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:04:24 -0800
> From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
>
> I saw a Zuiko 300mm f/4.5 few days ago...  What surprised me
> however was the front cap.
> It was a screw-on 72mm, all metal and black, and on the backside
> (or inside)
> it had "OLYMPUS" engraved.  I  have never seen such cap, does
> anyone know if
> this is an old original Zuiko or an aftermarked model?

My 300 came with such a cap. I've got it in a drawer somewhere,
having replaced it for practical reasons with a third-party plastic
cap with the typical squeeze-clamp.

My 600/6.5 also has such a cap -- at 100mm, it's massive!

:::: The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the old growth of
centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder. -- Thomas
Jefferson ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org