[OM] Re: A screw-up that wasn't

Subject: [OM] Re: A screw-up that wasn't
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 06:13:39 +0000
So, are you saying lithiums have the same sort of declining voltage output as
alkalines when put in use? Doesn't seem to bother the Leica, since they're
recommended. Of course, with it, the battery only runs the meter and triggers
the flash; no electronically controlled shutter and such.

But wait! The Leica manual says "The Leica M6 TTL requires two 1.5 volt
silver-oxide button cells or one 3 volt lithium cell for the exposure meter and
to trigger connected flash units."

If it, like the OMs, requires silver-oxide batteries, but also recommends a
lithium, what's the difference? Maybe it's less sensitive to voltage drop. One
battery, according to the manual, "assuming normal use, supplies sufficient
energy for approx. 2900 exposures, i.e., 80 films of 36 exposures each."

But it really doesn't matter. I've got a big bunch of 357's for the OMs.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --