[OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:07:37 -0700
> I've been thinking of getting something like your "hyperdrive". Is this
> what you have?
> <http://www.hypershop.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=42>
> Tell me about it. What else is out there?

  I've got an HD80 -- it works fine, you put in a card, hit a button,
images get copied off, that's basically it. There's also the
CompactDrive, which is exactly the same as the hyperdrive but with a
different logo. HD80/compactdrive run on AAs (though they really prefer
nimh to alkaline), and also work as fairly basic battery chargers.

  There's newer ones out now which use li-ion batteries and are thus
smaller, but can't use generic AAs in a pinch.

  Your best bet for info about this sort of thing is the dpreview
'storage' forum:

  though the people there tend to lean towards portable storage units
with screens for viewing things -- I just wanted somewhere to put images
so I didn't need an infinite number of CF cards.

  -- dan