[OM] Re: focus usage - critique wanted

Subject: [OM] Re: focus usage - critique wanted
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:49:57 -0800
priit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Does the focus usage in this one work for you - thumbs up or thumbs down?
>
> http://www.softshark.ee/~priit/ooftrail.jpg

Focus would be fine for me, focal plane just below the center of the
frame (and I might try a crop with it in the center, too) and focus
getting softer in front and behind. But with the light drawing attention
to the OOF area and the in focus area in shade, it doesn't work for me.

But then, I don't like a lot of  images that have the fuzzy bits in
places I don't like or are fuzzy all over for reasons that escape me,
that are in galleries at prices I couldn't afford. Maybe it's a good
thing I don't like them

Moose