[OM] Re: astropotography

Subject: [OM] Re: astropotography
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:08:06 -0800
> From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> A simple barn-door tracker costs about
> five bucks to make and an hour of work. I've been thinking about
> making the more advanced version and even throwing an electric motor
> drive on it.  I want to be prepared for the next major round of
> auroras.

Just curious, but why would you need a tracker for auroras? Aren't
they geostationary?

:::: Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum
tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000
vacuum tubes and weigh only 1 1/2 tons. -- Popular Mechanics, March 1949
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AP35>