[OM] Re: It's all over now

Subject: [OM] Re: It's all over now
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:50:44 -0600
Darin wrote:
> If you haven't seen "Blood Diamond" yet, I highly recommend it as well.

Absolutely.  We just saw that last month - amazing performance. I've
done some reading on  the whole diamond cartel and the DeBeers "Diamonds
are rare and expensive" myth, and what I saw seems to track fairly
closely with what I read.

If you haven't done so yet, do a little Googling on DeBeers and The
Diamond Myth.  Essentially, the current market conditions are a complete
fabrication by DeBeers and their ad agency.  And they do have
underground vaults with billions of dollars' worth of diamonds being
kept off the market to keep the price artificially high.  They are
scared to death of the current flow of Russian diamonds, since the
Russians refuse to sign onto the cartel.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon