[OM] Re: cleaning sensors

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning sensors
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 03:29:02 -0800
Rodti MacLeary wrote:

> Thanks Moose, and also someone else who suggested a Swiffer but whose email I
> accidentally deleted when working my way through the other 200-odd this
> morning!
The amazing Dr. Swiffer, alter ego of Dr. Flash.

> I don't think the 'matter' on the mirror is visible through the viewfinder -
> it's just that it annoys me to see it there every time I change the lens!
> I'll just leave it alone for the moment :-)

I assure you far more photographic equipment as been damaged by over
cleaning than the reverse. You would be amazed how much crap (In this
case, using Walt's definition.) can be on a lens without any discernible
effect.

I believe it may have been the above gentleman and scholar who did some
tests with and without a big piece of tape on the front of a lens.
Nobody could pick out which was which with any more than random success,
as I recall. I certainly couldn't.

Moose