[OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?

Subject: [OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:14:04 -0800
I don't think the short length is a poor design, it's a design with a OM parts
purpose.  If you mount the dual units onto the macro flash ring, and have that
mounted in turn onto a lens that's mounted onto a 65-116 tube, then it tends to
be the right length, long enough to get the job done, short enough to keep the
cables out of the way.

If you attempt to mount the T28 flash heads onto a Bogen 3278 macro flash
bracket and yup, the cable is to short.  But Olympus wasn't marketing that Bogen
bracket, nor anything like it.

You could mount dual T32's (not a great balance due to their weight) on such a
bracket, or mount dual T20's (but you need two T20 auto connectors).  Both
setups require the multi connector block.  And neither has the range of
positioning that the T28 has.

If it is a design flaw, Olympus screwed up a number of times since the Single
T28, the T10 and T8 all share that short cord syndrome.

But maybe we're just like Goldilocks - we want it not to short, not too long,
just right.  I'm talking cord length here fella's.  Keep it G rated.

Jay - proving that having the gear doesn't mean the pictures will be good.

>That is probably the best solution for the time being.  Amazon has the TTL
>cable for only $15 so I guess it is a no-brainer.  Wish they had made the
>cords longer to begin with, pretty poor design imho.

>> Hi,
>> Have a T28 twin  and have never seen mention of any longer cords to the
>> flash either.  Uusally can fanagle something with a TTL conncector and T
>> cords and keep the control unit out of the way  in macro land even if it
>> is a bit of a pain.  Probably stating the obvious.  N*kon fixed the
>> problem you have using a wireless system.
>> Mike
>>

>> http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=4&productNr=4804

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets