[OM] Re: Lens and Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens and Lenses
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:52:08 -0800
I entered school speaking broad Scots, Strathclydian dialect.

Since I was born in Minnesota, I had to learn to speak English with a
Norwegian accent, you betcha!~

Early on in my life we moved to the mountains of Western Washington, jus
north of Mt Rainier, where they jus kept a pounding on ya until ya didn't
sound funny no more.

Moved to the Seattle Area and got the homogenous non country folk dialect of
that area, I can still tell a native Washingtonian of my age bracket or
older (before the Californian invasion) from a  Cullyfornian. I still drop
into the mountain dialect, especially if someone is being more contrary than
is healthy towards me or mine.

Cullyfornian. Both Southern LA LA Land and Central Coast.

When I tell someone they sound funny, I mean it!