[OM] Re: An embarrassing confession

Subject: [OM] Re: An embarrassing confession
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:57:54 -0700
> You're absolutely right about us all having those stories, and I could
> certainly regale you with mine. One thing I was curious about though,
> was why the dead battery in your OM-1 mattered. If you were using the
> meter then, presumably, you would have noticed the lack of meter
> movement. Nothing should have stopped the (mechanical) OM-1 from
> actually taking the picture(s).
>
> Cheers,
> Ian

Dead is inaccurate, but the juice was apparently running out and all the
pictures were severely underexposed.  I don't know why I did not notice - it
was a "fresh" battery I had just purchased in Katmandu.  It was Kodachrome
64.  I still have them.
In the tiger case I had accidently loaded film in my OM-2 instead of the
OM-1, and the rest is history.