[OM] Re: 5D Cleaning Problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D Cleaning Problems?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:14:28 -0500
It doesn't affect the E-1.  The issue arose when Canyon made a big deal
in a white paper that they had saved money on the 5D's low pass filter
by putting two filter surfaces on a single piece of glass... one on
either side.  That meant that the one in front had no cover glass and
was presumably unprotected from heavy handed dust scrubbers.  Some have
claimed that cleaning the sensor front with Eclipse attacked and
destroyed the filter surface and (by extension) the sensor.  The makers
of Eclipse say "We don't think so" but just in case we recommend you use
our ethanol product instead of the methanol product.

Just go clean the E-1.  Use the brush method I posted about sometime
several days ago.

Chuck Norcutt

The E