[OM] Re: Personal Robbery Survey, was Re: Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Personal Robbery Survey, was Re: Bags
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:44:06 -0800
Jan,

That, to me (getting your camera returned) is the difference tween living in
a community verses a metropolitan mass.

I catch cashiers (kids) making errors all the time and they go 'geez mister,
your honest!' and I say, first of all, I have to live with myself, second of
all, the owner just jacks up the price of everything and it costs me a lot
more to buy stuff here next year, it's easier to be honest. How much do you
have to steal before it is worth having to look over your shoulder and not
trust anyone with your secrets all the time?

That opportunity does my community(s) good every time.

We've got some hard core druggies up here, but the majority of those that
aren't bedroom people are just good community and we try to educate the
bedroom people into what a nicer way it is to live (which is easier than
them teaching us to be paranoid city folks).

Of course, the old timers here remember what happens to chronic thieves, one
day you just don't see them anymore. The Santa Cruz mountains use to be
knows as Santa Clara County's graveyard.

I don't know how many folks up here have guns, lots I assume, but we don't
have a problem with much of anything other than those who have given their
will and their life over to the care of their hard core drugs.

Scott