[OM] IT8 Target Practice

Subject: [OM] IT8 Target Practice
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:23:24 -0600
Having gotten the old Polaroid scanner back in service, I'm trying to
do a couple things I've been intending to do for a long time.  One is
shoot a frame of an IT8 target and build an ICC profile for that film
type in Vuescan.

I got a 5x7 copy of the IT8 target yesterday with an order of film.
Today when I went to copy it, I could not under any circumstance find
a method for doing this that didn't result in reflections on the
glossy surface.

I ended up attaching the T10 flash and cross-polarizer and shooting
the darn thing in direct sunlight.  I didn't power up the flash, I
just used it as a holder for the cross-polarizer.  I THINK this should
work out OK, but I sort of wish I could have done this with just the
naked lens itself and no intermediary filter involved.

I started to wonder if just copying the darn thing using the T10 as
light source might not be as good as anything.

Any experience? opinions?

Joel W.