[OM] Re: : Re: OM peripheral - Canoscan

Subject: [OM] Re: : Re: OM peripheral - Canoscan
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:35:10 -0800
USB external hard drive storage is rather cheap if you watch for it. I just
bought a 500 GB for less than the 300 GB was going for, $150 dollars. Same
price I got the 250 for a year ago.

Puters are so finicky AND are always hooked to power, (lightening strike can
go through my surge protector and the UPS to the hard drive when powered up)
so every few weeks I put all my pics to an external hard drive, then to a
second one. Most of mine are scientific records that are irreplaceable. I
use to back them up to CD/DVD, only to find out that stuff deteriorates in
3-5 years and is no good anymore. Costs me about the same amount to just buy
another 100 GB external HD and loan it to the State Parks to hold onto in
case something happens to me.

So, get a useable computer and then an external hard drive.

Scott