[OM] Re: Success and snarls Seimar 500 mm 8

Subject: [OM] Re: Success and snarls Seimar 500 mm 8
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:58:41 -0500
If you see in-focus dust or hair in the viewfinder it's either on the
bottom of the prism or on the focusing screen.  Anything on the reflex
mirror is too far away from the point of focus for the eyepiece (the
screen) for you to see it.

If the camera you're talking about has a removable focusing screen take
it out and dust the screen and the bottom of the prism.  As a cleaning
cloth I always recommend a small piece (maybe 1-2") cut from a "Swiffer
Duster" as they are virtual dust magnets.  Be sure to vacuum the cut
piece to remove small threads created by the cutting.

Chuck Norcutt