[OM] Re: Price check

Subject: [OM] Re: Price check
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:00:57 +0100
> And I'm a little worried about the cost of shipping and import duties
> etc from the US.  Does anyone here have experience of importing to
> the UK?

I'm in Italy, but I think that what I'm saying is valid in any EU state.
In my experience there are some options:
if you use a courier you will ALWAYS pay duties + another fee,
instead if you use a postal service maybe you wont depending if the
value is small enough (50$?) or if you have luck.
On relatively small value packages (100$) you can ask the sender to
declare a smaller value (the above mentioned 50$), but this is valid
only if you are buying from a private, because a shop will always
declare the right value. But in the sadly event of a damage or miss
you will receive less money.

Ralf Loi