[OM] potential dumb Oly Master Questions

Subject: [OM] potential dumb Oly Master Questions
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:35:58 -0800
I have three Oly photo programs, I used them for only the basic resize, crop
and an occasional play with contrast and brightness.

The Camedia Program that I have had for years, came with the C-3000, now it
just 'disappears' when I open a pic from my E-500 or maybe waits until I go
to 'save as'.

The Olympus Master 1.42 I go to Edit/save as and it want to put everything
in the Calendar (which I can't find in my computer though I am sure it is
filling my puter up fast) and save everything as an exifJPEG, which makes it
completely unviewable for me. How do I find the calendar and how do I turn
it off? Is there a trick I will need then to delete all those duplicate
pictures?

I can't find all the pics I have done work on to discover that they are in
'calendar'.

The Camedia Master, when I open a pic for editing it warns me about
automatic compensation. what is that?

When I do 'save as' so that I can alter a duplicate instead of the original,
I get a mess of ugly large pixels. It saves it in a tiny art deco form of
uncommunicatable images. Completely unusable. Using rename, it changes the
original. The little pic in the upper RH side looks OK, but it always saves
it as unusable large square pixels of distorted colors.

One by one my camera programs are going down, I have no desire to use any of
the multitudes of Photo shop programs I have, they take forever to open and
I haven't figured out how to do the basic things I want to do.

Any help would be appreciated, I am afraid to remove and reinstall the
program for fear I will lose my pics since it has some hidden calendar
function which I can't find out how to access.

Scott